Friday, May 18, 2007

living the Word.

The only people who are truly loving the Father are those who conduct their lives according to the Word. Notice, I did not say "the Father doesn't love them because of their disobedience to the Word," but what I am saying is, these people who accepted the Lord Jesus yet are keeping on conducting their lives as the world does is not truly in love with Him.

The Word is so clear in the book of I Peter which says, "We, who accepted Jesus as Lord and Savior, were taken out from the kingdom of darkness or worldly standards INTO His Kingdom of Light or to His ways of doing things." In this passage of scriptures, it is so clear that we have no business flirting with the world and its ways of doing things. The Lord said, sanctify or separate yourself, do not love the world, because we are no longer of this world. We are citizens of heaven, so with that in mind, let me ask you, why are you still living the same like the rest of the world? When you received Jesus, did you just consider it as a way of entering into a "new religion'? Or are you just thinking that the Lord is just an escape when you need one?

Why am I writing these things?

If you are a person who is declaring to the whole world that you are a believer and yet you are basing your decisions on what others are doing even though it is not in line with the Word of God then I am talking to you right now.

I got born again when I was in Grade 6 and started on fire and just loved the work of the Lord. It seemed back then that for me, there will never come a day that I will compromise what I accepted as truth. Until I went to college and embraced wrong associations or "barkada". At first, it seemed like I was so strong to handle pressures and will never be like them. But, gradually, deception crept in and I started to conduct my life just like the rest of them. I thought that it was really what life is all about. I was so deceived. Moreover, I went to a wrong relationship. I started to convince myself that this is the real life. I didn't want to go to church because I feel so condemned, because the Holy Spirit is convicting me of my sins. He was telling me that this path I was on was a wrong path that will lead me to my own destruction. But I cannot accept that, because I was so spiritually dull. I had an itchy ear. My mentor talked with me and reiterated the Word that tells, "Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers, because what fellowship has Light with darkness. Submission to the Word with rebellion?..... exactly opposite! Wheeew!!! Sadly, I cannot take the truth, I refused to hear it, because I believed I was just enjoying my life with my unbelieving boyfriend. yak, yak, yak....

I kept on telling my church friends, in time my unbelieving boyfriend will go to the church and accept the Lord Jesus, and we will live happily ever after. Two years went by, twice he attended, only because it was my birthday. hay naku...pinagtatawanan ko ito ngayon!!! Six years went by, nothing happened, he didn't accept Jesus. But if you ask me what happened to me all those years, I tell you.... it was a terrible nightmare. I became worse as a person; I was hard to be handled because of insecurity. This entry will not even cover all the bad stories I've experienced through that wrong relationship, but you know what, when I was in that relationship, I was pretending I was enjoying life but deep inside I was longing for answers and security.

But thank God, one day I decided to let go of this relationship, because I was already tired preserving it. I know that in all those years, God was not pleased. Every time I was alone, I kept on crying and the loving voice of the Father would say, "do you love him more than me? And I said to the Lord, "Father I surrender, forgive me, I wanna go home to your loving arms." And that's the end of my nightmare.

The Lord restored my life, and I went back serving Him. Life is not life without Jesus, the Very Word of God. Apart from Him there is no real life.

In the process of time, God brought me to a man He planned for me to have. Whoaaaa, that's my greatest story. When God brought me to Lowe, and we've met in the church, then God just orchestrated everything. "Every good and perfect gift comes from God in whom there is no variableness nor shadow of turning." Everything is beautiful in His time, and everything is pitiful if not His time."

So, if you would ask me today what life is with Jesus and what life is apart from Jesus, the Word..... Incomparable! Apart from Jesus, pitiful!

So if you are bold in showing your rebellion and not even ashamed about it, you are pitiful!

As for me, no turning back! I will live according to the Word! And I am bold to declare that Jesus is Lord over my life!

2 comments:

ira gatmaitan said...

But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but also of wood and earthenware, and some for honorable and noble and some menial and ignoble use.

So whoever cleanses himself [from what is ignoble and unclean, who separates himself from contact with contaminating corrupting influences] will [then himself] be a vessel set apart and useful for honorable and noble purposes, consecrated and profitable to the Master, fit and ready for any good work.

Shun youthful lusts and flee from them and aim at and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace in fellowship with all [Christians], who call upon the Lord out of a pure heart.

2 Tim. 2:20-22

love you ate! love how you guide us, your daughters!

ellen said...

hello ate! read this entry very, very, VERY thoroughly ate. ;) ahihihi. love you ate!