Saturday, February 10, 2007

What is Truth?

Our topic in one of my Education subjects is about Philosophy. There it was discussed about the famous idealism, realism & all other related "isms" principles. The names of Plato, Aristotle & all other famous philosophers were mentioned. Their works were highly regarded & we are required as students to study them further. Just say for example, I've come to read the famous argument of Plato entitled "The Republic." Here he discussed & strongly argued his definition & beliefs about "Truth." While reading it, I can't stop saying to myself, "If he only read the Bible, then his quest in searching the "Truth" will be put to an end. These philosophers whom they say wise in their generation is what the Word of God is saying as "fools", because they want to prove things based on what their mind can grasp. To them, if the mind can't give reason on a thing, then it is false & non-existent. Truth to them is what the Mind can understand.
Then I realized why the Word of God is keep on repeating itself on the topic about "renewing our minds." Because God knows that this world that we are living is full of beliefs that are not in line with His Word. There's a lot of ungodly beliefs we can find in anywhere & sadly also being taught in school, which shapes the mind of students like you & me.
Again, that's the very reason why so important to study the Word of God & meditate on it day & night. Because as a children of God, His Word is the final basis of all of our beliefs.
As for me, the Word of God is the final authority in my life. If it's not in the Word, then it is a garbage, a trash & need not to be entertain in my life. I declare that I am a Word person. I despised worldy & carnal thinking. I belong to Jesus & my life is wholly dedicated to Him & to His Word.
As for me, the Word of God is the ABSOLUTE TRUTH!

1 comment:

ellen said...

hello dere ate! binasa ko ulit tong entry nyo. nakakatuwa ate, i have never read any of plato or aristotle's works, mga paisa-isang lines lang, pero i used to think very impressive sila, kasi ang dami nila naiisip.. tapos un pala, hindi rin ate no? because if they only knew that the only place to look when seeking for the truth is the Bible, e di wala na pala dapat sila naging problema! hehe. ang galing galing! thanks ate!